Salary: $150K - $200K (CAD) | Equity: 0.1% - 1% | Full-time | Remote
About the role
SELECT is expanding the engineering team to scale with our growing customer base and features to build. We’re looking for strong technical generalists to contribute to our core product and help us build the foundation for our rapidly expanding company. As an integral part of our founding team, this role will inevitably involve wearing a lot of hats. Wide-ranging curiosity and enthusiasm for diving into abstract problems, coming up with good solutions, and seeing them through to completion is essential. You'll go from idea to live pixels in front of a user every week.
We work with a modern stack: Typescript, React.js, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Python, FastAPI, Postgres, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Snowflake.
We're looking for an engineer to:
- Take ownership of the web application development
- Build new features to help our customers manage their Snowflake cost and performance
- Improve our data display and visualisation components, across charts and interactive tables
- Improve the speed, performance and code quality of our application
Feel free to check out our changelog for more examples of features we have built in the past.
Engineers on the team today
- Work quickly, shipping multiple features, fixes and improvements every week
- Prioritize ruthlessly, maximizing the value delivered to customers
- Put themselves in the shoes of our users to create a best-in-class experience
- Value clear, frequent communication
- Based in Canada
- Willingness to focus and ship new features quickly. We release new features every week and get immediate feedback from our customer base.
- Intuition for product design and user experience. We want your opinion on how features should look and feel.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll be working very closely with the founders, and will need to be able to explain the code you’ve written, the design choices you’ve made, and give clear feedback and recommendations to our team.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with data tools such data warehouses (Snowflake & BigQuery), BI (Tableau, Looker & Mode), and others (dbt & Fivetran)
- Experience with the problems we're solving (FinOps and cloud infrastructure cost management)
- Experience working in an early-stage startup environment
- The process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat. Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited up to two follow-up interviews along with a technical exercise.
- We aim to screen, interview, make a decision, send and finalize an offer within 2 weeks of application.
Email us at [email protected] if you're interested in learning more about the position & company.